August 13, 2020
- Crisis Preparedness:
- A State of Emergency is in effect through 11:59PM, September 4, 2020. Specific requirements of the State of Emergency include:
- All persons entering the country are required to be quarantined for 14 days in facilities established by the government, or in their respective residences subject to the approval of the Ministry of Health.
- COVID-19 testing is required of anyone who enters the national territory and presents any of the symptoms: body temperature higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius, cough, sore throat, cold, and respiratory distress or shortness of breath. If they are diagnosed with COVID-19, they are obliged to undergo therapeutic isolation.
- Individuals who are infected with COVID-19 or who are under the supervision of health authorities will remain in compulsory confinement for 14 days or until medical discharge in a health establishment, in their own residence, or in a state isolation center.
- All persons wishing to leave the country will be subject to health controls, in particular by measuring body temperatures or other means of diagnosis.
- All individuals who have any of the following symptoms – body temperature higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius, cough, sore throat, cold, and respiratory distress or shortness of breath – are prohibited from boarding buses, ships, or aircrafts except in cases of medical evacuation.
- In exceptional cases, the Ministry of Interior may order the closure of the borders temporarily.
- Preventative measures at social activities, including where all persons are required to wear a protective mask covering their mouth and nose, wash their hands regularly, and maintain a safe distance of at least 1.5 meters from others.
- Licenses, authorizations, and other administrative acts and documents remain valid regardless of the expiration date during the State of Emergency.
- Additional Travel Information:
- Commercial flights to/from Timor-Leste remain suspended.
- Travel via the land border with Indonesia is extremely restricted.
- Other monitoring and control measures may be imposed; check for the latest requirements before you travel.
- Local Resources:
- Other links: