For additional resources and information from the U.S. Department of State’s American English Office, go to: http://americanenglish.state.gov/. On Facebook, “like” them at “American English at State”.
American English Reading Material
- eJournal “Everyday Conversations: Learning American English” (PDF 19.6 MB); (HTML version)
- eJournal “Pop Culture Versus Real America English: Learning Edition” (PDF 14.7 MB); (HTML version)
The following are websites that can be helpful in learning and teaching English. They are great resources for individuals interested in English as a second language.
- English Language from an American Teacher
- Keypal & Cross-Cultural Discussion Opportunities
- Listening and Speaking
- Reading and Literacy
- Study and Research
- Virtual Tours & Webquests
- Writing and Grammar
- List of the 50 Best Websites for Writers
The U.S. Department of State offers a range of resources and materials that support high-quality English language instruction worldwide. These resources are aimed at supporting teachers of English outside of the U.S. The following are helpful websites for English teachers who teach English as a second language.