Event: The U.S. Embassy continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Timor-Leste and will continue to share information and include pertinent new information in bold for quick reference.
A State of Emergency is in effect for all of Timor-Leste through 11:59 PM, February 1, 2021.
The Government of Timor-Leste (GOTL) announced that its airports, ports, and land borders would remain temporarily closed from January 25 to February 1, 2021.
During this temporary border closure, the following exceptions will apply:
- Transit of diplomatic or consular personnel, members of international organizations and bilateral cooperation agencies, and workers in the petroleum sector;
- Operation of medical evacuation; and,
- International transportation of goods.
The GOTL recommends that all individuals, who are not subject to compulsory quarantine or engaged in professional activity, remain at home and limit their public activities to the indispensable minimum.
Specific requirements of and additional information about the State of Emergency can be found at the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage.
- COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- U.S. Department of State’s Timor-Leste Country Information and Travel Advisory
- World Health Organization – COVID-19 Timor-Leste
U.S. Embassy Dili, Timor-Leste
Avenida de Portugal,
(+670) 7723-1328 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
(1)-888-407-4747 or (1)-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter