Event: The U.S. Embassy continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Timor-Leste and will continue to share information and include pertinent new information in bold for quick reference.
A State of Emergency is in effect for all of Timor-Leste through 11:59 PM, March 3, 2021.
On February 2, the Government of Timor-Leste (GOTL) announced its airports, ports, and land borders would remain temporarily closed through February 15, 2021.
During this temporary border closure, the following exceptions will apply:
- Transit of diplomatic or consular personnel, international organizations, bilateral cooperation agencies, workers in the petroleum sector, and other international workers whose work is relevant to Timor-Leste’s national interest;
- Operation of medical evacuation; and,
- International transportation of goods.
Specific requirements of and additional information about the State of Emergency can be found at the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage.
- COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- U.S. Department of State’s Timor-Leste Country Information and Travel Advisory
- World Health Organization – COVID-19 Timor-Leste
State Department – Consular Affairs
(1)-888-407-4747 or (1)-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.