Event: On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory and recommended U.S. citizens whose home of residence is in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Travel conditions can change rapidly; however, local sources report on March 26:
- Flights from Dili to Bali depart only on Sundays and require visas from the Indonesian Embassy.
- The Indonesian Embassy is only accepting visa applications in the mornings.
- U.S. citizens are advised to contact the Indonesian Embassy with additional questions.
- Indonesian visa applications require health certificates issued by Guido Valadares National Hospital.
- Visit the website of the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for additional information on these new measures.
- Singapore has barred admission to non-Singaporean citizens, including those transiting on to other countries.
- Australia has barred admission to non-Australian citizens, including those transiting on to other countries.
The government of Timor-Leste has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Timor-Leste has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited countries with confirmed cases of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the government of Timor-Leste for additional information on these new measures.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the Peace Corps have evacuated all their Volunteers from Timor-Leste.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Timor-Leste.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Dili, Timor-Leste
Avenida de Portugal,
Praia dos Coqueiros,
(+670) 7723-1328 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
(1)-888-407-4747 or (1)-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.